All available seats (free of charge) of the education initiative are already fully booked. Bertelsmann University continues to offer the Nanodegree program on a fee-based level.
Who should attend
All Bertelsmann employees who would like to build up and expand their knowledge in the field of product management.
What you learn
This Nanodegree program is ideal for beginners who want to start a career in product management, and set themselves up for success to land and perform on the job.
In this program, you will learn to define product strategy and KPIs based on market analysis, pitch a product vision to get stakeholder buy-in, and design a user-centered prototype that adheres to engineering constraints. You will develop an execution timeline that handles competing priorities, communicate a product roadmap that builds consensus amongst internal stakeholders, and create a comprehensive go to-market plan based on product KPIs. Finally, you will build tests to enhance product features based on market data.
Module I: Product Strategy
In this module you will learn to identify the right problems to solve through market research, target user definition, and market sizing. Create a compelling vision and strategy that will set up the team to solve those problems. Understand how to communicate effectively to get people excited and invested in your ideas.
Module II: Product Design
In this module you will use design-thinking methodologies to explore various ideas, and then converge on a single idea. Map out the full concept through creation of a prototype that can be used to validate that you’re solving a problem for real users.
Module III: Product Development
In this module you will learn the critical soft skills needed to manage the development and execution phase of the product, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to guide them through planning and execution.
Module IV: Product Launch
In this module you will bring a product you have developed in the earlier courses to market. Create a pre-launch process and develop a marketing and pricing strategy, as well as prepare the Sales and Customer Support teams to evangelize the product. Use customer feedback to design an A/B test for a new product feature.
How you learn
Real-world projects from industry experts
- Get personalized feedback from our network of 900+ project reviewers.
1-on-1 mentor and student hub
- Get a knowledgeable mentor who guides your learning and is focused on answering your questions, motivating you and keeping you on track. Leverage the power of community and use the student hub to connect with fellow students in your Nanodegree program.
Flexible learning program
- Get a custom learning plan tailored to fit your busy life. Learn at your own pace and reach your personal goals on the schedule that works best for you.
The participants in total:
- Will be equipped with the most in-demand and relevant industry skills for product managers in an entrepreneurial and digital world
- Will learn how to work with a consumer-centered mindset in order to create a market-ready product